I've never been one to make new year's resolutions. I believe that you can "resolve" to do something whenever you want, regardless of the time of year. However, there is just something about a new year that feels like a blank slate to me. A time where we can right our wrongs, so to speak. It's a great time to start fresh and set new goals and intentions for ourselves.
So, I thought it would be fun to share with you some of my goals and intentions for this new year. These are totally random and in no particular order, and some of them are goals that have rolled over from previous years because, you know- I'm human, and definitely a work in progress.
So, without further ado, here are some things I am setting out to really focus on this year:
1) Don't overthink stuff.
2) Spend more time in prayer and conversation with God.
3) Visit my in-law's once a month.
4) Always keep in mind that what others think of me is none of my business (There will ALWAYS be haters.)
5) Get caught up on my pre-paid massages.
6) Be more patient. Especially with loved ones. (This one is definitely a recurring one! I am so bad at this.)
7) Increase my average walk/run weekly mileage to 20 miles. I was averaging about 15 miles.
8) Spend more time reading, listening to, and speaking Italian.
9) Find a new signature perfume- Ideally in Italy!
10) Go somewhere cold and Christmas-y this Christmas.
What about you? Do you have any goals that you'd like to accomplish this year? I'd love to hear about them. Let me know in the comments below.
P.S. These boots are totally made for walking. I have worn them so much since I bought them in early November. They were practically the only boots I wore when I went to NYC, Atlanta, and Charleston back in November/December. I walked all over for hours at a time without any problem at all. They are super comfortable and they are on major sale right now!
P.P.S Please forgive my hot mess hair in these pics.They were taken right after a big rain shower, and to say that it was humid would be an understatement. I swear I felt my hair getting bigger and frizzier as my husband was snapping away. #curlyhairgirlproblems
SHOP THE LOOK